Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Heartbeat

A dear friend of mine once told me of a dream she had.

There was a babe in her house that she and her family were caring for. They were drawing little tattoos of adoration on the soles of his feet, and when they put their ears to his chest, they could hear his heartbeat.

And his heart beat, "Abba loves you... Abba loves you...".

Joseph and I drove down to SC yesterday evening for our first prenatal checkup with our midwife. 14 weeks in, and we got to hear that tiny, galloping heartbeat for the first time.

I don't know who's in there, but it is someone with a healthy and strong little heartbeat.

Someone being knit together by our Abba with the utmost love.

<3

2 comments:

  1. This made me all teary. I am so grateful that we can hear His heartbeat in our children. <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete